While we await further guidance from the CCG we would like to share some key messages with our patients on how you can access your COVID vaccination:
- If you’re aged 45 or over you should now book your Covid vaccine by visiting nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or calling 119.
- Local GP-led vaccination services are currently focussing on delivering second-dose Covid vaccines and remaining first doses for people who are aged 50+ or who are clinically vulnerable.
- Over the coming weeks people aged 18-49 will be able to access their Covid vaccine in a number of ways, including:
- At a local vaccination centre
- At a “pop-up” vaccination service in your area
- At a local pharmacy-led vaccination service
At a participating GP-led service.
Update as of 5th March 2021
We are have now vaccinated over 1700 patients from Chelford Surgery with their first doses of the Pfizer or Astra Zeneca vaccine.
This has been a mammoth task but has been a success through the hard work of all the staff and volunteers that have been involved in the delivery.
We are grateful for all the understanding and patience that has been shown during this process.
We are still continuing to prioritise patients that have been flagged by NHS England as being in groups 1-6 and would ask any patients that receive a notification for our remaining clinics to book in as soon as possible.
After we have delivered 1st vaccines to priority groups we will be able to start focussing on 2nd dose vaccines for patients as they are due.
The process is still far from over and we ask our patients to continue to:
- Take safe measures to reduce the spread of Coronavirus and follow the current government guidance
- Be mindful of the extreme pressures all staff at Chelford are going through to deliver this programme whilst maintaining other services
- Be patient, we are still here for all our patients and are working our hardest to deliver services to our usual high standard, however in some circumstances you may have to wait a little longer
- Be respectful of our neighbours when attending on covid vaccination dates
- Access self-care advice where appropriate as found on our website
Further information and JCVI guidance for group 6 can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-2-december-2020
If you have symptoms
If you have symptoms, please call NHS 111 for further guidance. Please do not contact the surgery if you require an isolation / sick note. Please follow NHS online advice at https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/ . Please use this service if you have been told to self-isolate because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer. This service is only for people who:
- have symptoms of coronavirus
- live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus
Chelford Surgey COVID19
Please use the below links to find further information on COVID-19
- Covid-19: Covid vaccination
- Covid-19: Latest Service Update from the Surgery
- Guidance on facemasks
- Principle Research study
- Covid-19: Support for Shielding and Very High Risk Patients
- Covid-19: Support for your mental wellbeing
- Covid-19 and your information
- Covid-19 Testing advice
- Covid-19: Support for carers
- Covid-19: Accessing Support Services
The government have launched a new website for patients to use in finding out what help they can get if affected by coronavirus.
This service is available to all patients who are seeking advice and guidance on the topics such as:
- feeling unsafe
- going in to work
- paying bills or being unemployed
- getting food
- having somewhere to live
- mental health and wellbeing
Please follow this link https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-support