Patients can access volunteer support through the following sources
NHS Volunteer Responders: you can submit a live referral for an individual that needs support or an NHS service that requires volunteers providing they meet the referring criteria at https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHSreferralor on 0808 196 3382.
Volunteers can provide:
- Check in and chat support – short-term telephone support to individuals who are at risk of loneliness as a consequence of self-isolation (note, this is not mental health advice);
- Community support – collection of shopping, medication or other essential supplies for someone who is self-isolating, and delivering these supplies to their home;
- Patient Transport – transport to take patients home who are medically fit for discharge;
- NHS Transport – who will deliver medicines on behalf of the community pharmacy or dispensing doctor.
Cheshire East can also offer support through the following site
https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/council_information/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx or by contacting 0300 123 5034 (9am-5pm 7 days a week)
Cheshire East Council are working collaboratively with our partners to channel community-based support to meet local needs. There are some people who are at increased risk of more severe illness from coronavirus, and are being advised by the government not to leave their homes. We are able to offer telephone support, advice and reassurance to vulnerable people in the community. Where a person is unable to leave their home and has no family, friends or support network, we will ensure they receive essential items, such as food consisting of basic essential supplies (we are unable to provide a full personalised shop) and prescriptions.
If you would like to offer support or need to access help, please visit https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/council_information/coronavirus/cheshire-east-people-helping-people.aspx and fill in your details online. Once submitted a member of the team will respond within 48 hours.
Vulnerable Patient Support
Other people apart from the ‘very high risk’ / shielding patients who are classed as vulnerable who would benefit from self-isolation such as those over 70 with long-term conditions. If people in this group are in need of help with shopping and prescriptions then they will have to register their need via these local helplines:
- Cheshire West – 0300 123 7031 (8am-7pm 7 days a week)
- Cheshire East – 0300 123 5034 (9am-5pm 7 days a week)
- or follow this link https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/council_and_democracy/council_information/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx
Cheshire East have also set up a useful directory of local community and voluntary services that can assit you during this time please visit https://www.cvsce.org.uk/directories/vcfs
Local volunteer support
If you are having difficulty collecting prescriptions and can’t find someone to collect it on your behalf, please let the surgery know by contacting reception or using eConsult on our website
We are encouraging patients who are interested in helping isolated patients with getting supplies or other help to let the practice know of their availability. If you are happy for us to do so we can then share this with local charities who are co-ordinating this help and support.
Please use the form below and drop this off at reception, please let us know if you are ok for us to share this with residents co-ordinating help in the area.