PRG Minutes 22 July 2020._ (2)Patient Representative Group (PRG)
Welcome to the PRG section of the Surgery website.
The PRG was formed in 2005 to provide a link between patients and the doctors, nurses and staff and is designed to assist all patients. The PRG consists of a number of volunteer patients (full list available at the surgery reception) who advise the practice on service provision and propose changes that would be useful from a patient’s perspective.
How you could be involved:
- Join the Group.
The PRG is always keen to find new members particularly from younger age groups, mothers of young children and working men and women. There is no need to attend meetings if that is a problem for you as you can contribute your ideas by:
- Telephoning 01625 861316,
- emailing [email protected],
- finding us on facebook at Chelfordprg
- Joining the virtual group.
- making comments on the Friends and Family Test on the surgery homepage,
- Finally, passing your comments to staff at the surgery.
- We would welcome your views
Whilst changes are continually being made in the Surgery to improve the standard of care, we would welcome your views on the priorities the practice should consider and any improvements you might recommend. Please let us know of any changes or services that you would like to see.
Please bear in mind that the Group members cannot advise on medical matters.
We need your support, comments and ideas and I look forward to welcoming you to the Group in person or virtually.
- 29 January – at the Surgery
- 20 May Cancelled
- 22 July – Virtual
- 21 October – at Astle Court
All meetings to take place at 10:00 am in the Community Room at Astle Court.
Agendas to be circulated approximately one week prior to meeting.
- 15 May
- 24 July
- 16 October
- PRG Minutes 2 February 2017
- PRG Minutes 26 April 2017
- PRG minutes 11 August 2017
- PRG Minutes 18 October 2017
- PRG Minutes 24 January 2018.
- PRG Minutes 25 April 2018.
- PRG Minutes 25 July 2018.
- PRG Minutes 17 october 2018.
- PRG Minutes 15 May 2019.
- PRG Minutes 16 October 2019.
- PRG Minutes for 30 January 2019.
- PRG Minutes 22 July 2020._ (2)
- PRG Minutes 21 October 2020
- PRG Minutes 27 January 2021
Each year the Group promotes National Awareness campaigns by displaying publicity material in the surgery. The following have been supported:
- Dementia Week
- Carers Week
- Arthritis Week
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Mental Health
- Self -Care
- COPD and Smoking
- Alcohol Awareness
2019 – the following were agreed as the campaigns to support for 2019.
- February – Carers Information
- March – Smoking Cessation
- April – Connecting Chelford/CTARA
- May – PRG Information/Virtual PRG
- June – Men’s Health
- July – Practice Report
- August – NHS live well/eat campaign
- September – Healthy Aging Month
- October – Breast Cancer Awareness
- November – Lung Cancer Awareness/ Self Care/Antibiotics
- December – Self Care/ Antibiotics and surgery Christmas information
- January (2020) – Alcohol Awareness
Aims to be a champion for/and represent the interests of patients, carers and the public throughout Eastern Cheshire. It presents the patient voice and seeks to influence decisions affecting healthcare.
Carers in the Area
Some members of the PRG support the Carers Link in forming links with the Cheshire East Carers’ Hub and Chelford Together. Information gathered from these links about local activities and support is shared with all Carers’ registered with the surgery
- Self-Care Awareness
- Take control of your Health